#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; } Friendship | .: Hi-Maintenance :.

Saturday 6 February 2010

Friendship




"Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same. Some people come into our lives and quickly go... Some stay for awhile and embrace our silent dreams."


When I read that first, I thought it was meaningful and poetic. Right now, I can't help but wonder, if that is a definition of how it is, where do I stand?


I reminisce, and can't help but feel nostalgic, smile and reflect... When I look back, I realize I changed a lot, some things did as well, there are friends whom are somewhat of a memory now, mainly because of, well, distance ... Some of those will forever hold the label friend in my book even though we lost touch. Then comes the acquaintances, the formal, the casual, the family friends, and sadly, the people who are almost mere strangers.


Will I ever have a friend who will forever be there? Or are all friendships meant to end in the literal sense but not figurative?


Is the notion of forever friends non existent past the age of ... Six, seven or ten?


Wishing on shooting stars, skipping ropes, pinky swears and swimming till sunset ...


Why are the simple pleasures somehow lost?


Why are things overly complicated when they needn't be?


Did or would I make a good friend? Is there a person whom I impacted in one way or another? A big impact on one person, little prints of me on a few or maybe a simple smile on some.


I want to be the person who paints a smile, the person who wipes away the tears, nothing in return, but the knowledge that I made a difference, big or small, I made a difference, whether it be to some or to many, I made a difference ...


After all, to me, the idea of being nothing but a brush stroke on someone else's painting is unsettling...

7 comments:

AKuwaitiAttitude said...

Ahhh that post is 100% true! Utterly right! Loved it!:*

PaLoMiNo said...

THANKS 7abeeeeeeeeebti :****

Shayouma said...

I really love it... sad though and brings back memories.. I think true friendship is somehow lost today madri leesh some people change... or we change.. well we feel we don't but maybe others think we do madri..

"Why are things overly complicated when they needn't be?" this is sooooo true I am a simple person and easily accept an apology and I also don't think about what's hidden between the lines when people talk.. sometimes they think i am stupid but really why should I jump into conclusions and complicate things when its not 100 true/sure?!!

ba6alah said...

there is true friendship but it's not easy 2 find

Unknown said...

*SIGH*
I'll refrain from commenting since I know I need a post by itself not a comment box just to explain it throughouly !

Crystal said...

VERY touching !

Sh7afana said...

:)

 
Copyright 2009 .: Hi-Maintenance :.
Designed by: A | Studios